Wednesday 29 August 2012

Cheers To a New Chapter


Hello, and welcome to my new blogging endeavour! As well as the 'day blog', I wanted an outlet to talk/bore at length about that irresistible nectar we call beer. I'm not going to be too strict with it, but beer will undoubtedly be the common theme throughout. I'm aiming to keep things broad, although will mostly be writing from personal experiences. Mainly I'm just going to write things up that have struck me as interesting or got me thinking, mostly for my own benefit but also with the hope that someone, somewhere might find it interesting and/or informative!

My main inspiration for this blog has been the recent Beervana and Wellington on a Plate festivals here in Wellington; the sheer range of quality liquids and foodstuffs that have passed my lips these past few weeks is absurd, although I still feel like I barely scratched the surface of the craft/artisan/whatever-you-want-to-call-it beer and food scene in New Zealand.

Of course it's hardly a revelation that I have really enjoyed what I've been eating and drinking lately, anyone who has spent any time with me will realise that I've always had an appetite for... well just a general appetite! But I've always been keen to try new flavours, and have been known to obsess over searching out perfection in my favourite dishes or beverages. Eating and drinking can certainly can be one of life's supreme pleasures.

I'll start off with a couple of pieces that have spun-off from the travel blog, and are based on experiences from much earlier in the year. Bear with me and I'll get a bit more up to date in the coming weeks - famous last words!

No comments:

Post a Comment